Who we are
Aaron Mysliwiec, Partner
Aaron Mysliwiec has been a criminal defense lawyer for more than a decade. He has defended everyone from a Fortune 500 company to a senior citizen who could not afford to pay a lawyer. He strongly believes that no matter who you are or what you've been accused of doing, you deserve to have someone in your corner.
Mr. Mysliwiec's practice includes defending clients against "white collar" criminal charges and against criminal charges such as murder, rape and narcotics distribution. This representation involves defending clients in both state and federal courts in New York and in other state and federal courts around the country.
He has successfully tried cases involving charges that range from Money Laundering to Grand Larceny to First
Degree Murder to Material Support for Terrorism to First Degree Rape. He has also obtained dismissals in hundreds of cases and negotiated
hundreds of desirable plea bargains on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Mysliwiec graduated from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1997 and from Carleton College in 1993. He has been
admitted to the bar in New York and Minnesota. He has also been admitted to practice in the United States District Courts
for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the District of Minnesota, the Northern District of Texas, and the
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Mr. Mysliwiec is also a graduate of the National Criminal Defense
College's trial skills program.
In addition to Mr. Mysliwiec's experience, he is a Board Member and Treasurer for the
New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has also lectured and trained other lawyers on topics such as jury selection, cross-examination, closing
argument, and the illegal imposition of post-release supervision on New York State prisoners and he has contributed materials to
a National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer training on litigating an "eye-witness" identification case. Finally, Mr. Mysliwiec
has also appeared on Court TV's The Best Defense.
Mr. Mysliwiec's recent client representations have involved the following matters:
White Collar Crime Criminal Charges
Other Criminal Charges
- Obtaining an acquittal in a federal criminal trial on 31 out of 32 counts of indictment charging a conspiracy to engage in
illegal, complex, international, financial transactions;
- Representing a company employee in a highly regulated industry charged with violating the New York State version of
the federal RICO statute and with making false statements to the government;
- Representing a company president in a highly regulated industry facing a criminal investigation regarding compliance
with contract regulations;
- Representing a company President served with a subpoena relating to an ongoing federal money laundering
prosecution of other individuals;
- Negotiating a favorable plea bargain for a company President charged with violating the federal Material Support
for Terrorism statute for providing broadcasting services to Al Manar TV;
- Representing multiple companies and individuals relating to grand jury subpoenas in federal and state "white collar crime" investigations;
- Representing an individual charged with participating in a "Ponzi scheme" that allegedly solicited investors for
international real estate transactions;
- Representing a client being investigated by the FBI for possible computer crimes;
- Negotiating a favorable plea bargain in both state and federal court for a client facing fraud charges;
- Obtaining an acquittal at trial for a client facing charges for conspiring to distribute more than 50 kilos of cocaine;
- Obtaining an acquittal for a client charged with sexually abusing a family friend's child;
- Obtaining an acquittal of all felony charges for a client charged with Rape in the First Degree for raping his step-daughter;
- Obtaining an acquittal at trial for a police officer charged with assaulting his wife and with threatening her with a gun;
- Representing a client charged with Murder in the Second Degree for allegedly stabbing and killing his ex-girlfriend;
- Representing a client facing federal charges for allegedly distributing more than 50 grams of methamphetamine;
- Negotiating an offer of probation for a client charged with Assault in the First Degree for allegedly stabbing another person in the head and Attempted Murder for allegedly shooting a separate person;
- Negotiating a favorable plea bargain for a client charged in federal court with a conspiracy to engage in more than 20 gun-point robberies;
- Representing a client charged with Murder in the Second Degree for shooting and killing a person; and,
- Representing multiple clients facing federal charges for illegal gambling operations.
Dratel & Mysliwiec, P.C.
2 Wall Street, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10005
Office: (212) 792-5132
Mobile: (718) 724-4648
Fax: (212) 571-3792